Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiDas > Switching between IE and Diagnostic scre...
Switching between IE and Diagnostic screen

4150 Views 5 Replies Latest reply: 2016-03-20 19:38:08

•   Level 2   
    (11) points
    carinspector
    2014-03-08 11:51:04
    Okay, there has to be a way to easily switch between the two windows.  Anyone know how? 

•   Level 10   
    (7890) points
    ede65

2014-03-11 08:06:33 (Reply to:carinspector)

I surely don't know how  but am refreshing your post  so that it won't go to the bottom of the page  hopefully someone that knows how can see this and answer

•   Level 2   
    (11) points
    carinspector
    2014-03-12 12:53:26 (Reply to:ede65)
     Tech support said that the tool was not capable of multitasking; however, once, the Windows Start button and task bar showed up when I was using IE.  I was able to switch between the two just like you would on a desktop computer.  Once I powered the unit down, the start button and task bar went away.  I will keep you posted if I can find a hack for it.

•   Level 10   
    (7890) points
    ede65

2014-03-13 05:24:27 (Reply to:carinspector)

Thanks for clearing that up

•   Level 3   
    (57) points
    ToxicGumbo

2014-11-18 12:47:11 (Reply to:ede65)

The device is organized/designed to remain in the MaxiDAS application as much as possible, but, technically, all of this runs on a Windows CE 5 base, which is a preemptive (multitasking) operating system.  You can see that the application launches other applications in tandem, such as the update application and also Windows CE-ish applications, such as the 3rd party WIFI setup and Internet Explorer.  Certain design aspects were taken into account and they were able to deploy customized builds of Windows CE and Internet Explorer that have the taskbar disabled and fullscreen mode more or less forced.  You can still access Windows CE directly, copy applications onto the internal storage, etc., but there's not much point unless you have a second-hand DS708 that you just want to play around with.  Since it's ARM  based, that provides some interesting possibilities, but best not to mess with it and definitely not while under warranty or with the intention of continued use for diagnostics work.  I did enable the Win CE boottime notification with my name and contact info in case it ever gets stolen (Autel, please consider providing something like that as standard).  There are better and cheaper ways to play with a touchscreen Win CE device than via a MaxiDAS.

-Jeff

•   Level 1   
    (3) points
    Webman

2016-03-20 19:38:08 (Reply to:ToxicGumbo)

Where can I find information about changing the BOOT-TIME notification to include my Name & Contact information ?

>>  I did enable the Win CE boottime notification with my name and contact info in case it ever gets stolen

Total1 Pages